click here

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lipstick of the week: Mac Archie's collection in Ronnie red

If you're a fan of Mac then probably you've read lots or reviews and rave about this collection, as of this moment This limited edition is for sure almost sold out even online. Imagine when this was launch here in philippines it's freakin sold out especially the lipsticks!

I was hesitant and didn't planned in buying anything from this collection,because I prefer the classic black bullet tubes lying around my makeup traincase. The only limited edition that I own was from Give me Liberty of London in Blooming lovely way back in 2010 I think.So what made me decide in getting this? Because I was eyeing to get the famous ruby woo and when I tried it on in Mac glorietta,sad to say it doesn't suit me. My husband told me without any hesitation "hon di bagay sayo,di ka Anne Curtis" what the??!! Ok I wasn't really mad at him,and even thank him for telling the truth..when I looked at the mirror I'm like ok di nga bagay! The resident m/u artist from Mac was nice enough to entertain me, her name was Sharon (I think) she was patient enough to test red lipsticks on me but end up buying lickable.

So when the Archie's collection was launched I patiently read reviews on their lipsticks and so finally I settle for Ronnie red,this was rated 5.0 from makeupalley.com how good is that?!
My search for perfect red lipstick is over.    

My photos doesnt give justice on how this lipstick looks like in person, im using my iphone.

RONNIE RED

I must admit i super like the packaging,reminds me when i was in gradeschool when i was so hooked in readng Archies comics



Lipstick mark that I swatch the day before I took photos

What I like

Stays on for almost 6 hours on me (with snacking in between)
Label says its matte finish but Doesn't dry out your lips
Longevity is pretty awesome
Suits almost akin color
Doesn't scream bright red (thanks to its pink undertone)
Wearable enough to be worn on daytime
It's so pigmented
Applies on smoothly like dream
Doesn't settle on cracks of my lips( which I experience on almost all of my matte lipsticks

What I don't like
Limited edition

I think this lipstick will be my best friend for a couple of months now, I was never a fan of red lipsticks since I was more into pinks and nude but hey I think I found the perfect red for my skin tone. Wish me luck I won't be running out of this since this is limited edition




Here's moi wearing Ronnie red

No comments:

Post a Comment